Employment and Health & Safety
Employment law is complex and constantly evolving. When conflict arises between employers and employees, it can become overwhelming for all parties involved.
Reliable legal advice from an experienced professional can help prevent problems before they occur. When disputes arise, having a legal partner that can provide easy to understand, factual advice is essential.
Whether you are a large corporate, small business or employee, our team of highly experienced employment law specialists are here to help.
We can help you with:
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements and policies
- Restructures and redundancies
- Disciplinary and performance processes and terminations
- Employment implications of business sales and purchases
- Enforcement of restraints of trade and protection of confidential information
- Understanding holidays and leave entitlements
- Medical incapacity
- Personal grievance processes
- Independent contractor agreements
- Understanding minimum employment standards and obligations in employment relationships
- Carrying out employment investigations
- Collective bargaining and communication with unions
- Issues relating to human rights and privacy
- Health and Safety advice
- Representation in mediation, the Employment Relations Authority, and the Employment Court
Our team can also assist with health and safety matters, including:
- Training and advice on compliance with health and safety legislation, including governance and management obligations
- Drafting and legal review of health and safety documentation
- Assistance with managing workplace accidents or near misses, including reporting and investigations
- Strategic advice on managing health and safety issues
Need more help?
Contact one of our following team members below who can assist you.