What steps have to be taken?
When somebody dies, the paperwork involved in proving the will and in sorting out the deceased’s property can be daunting for the family.
- Deceased estate administration
- What is the difference between executors and trustees?
- Trustees’ duties
- What if a will is challenged or is inappropriate?
- What about mediation?
- Who is entitled to make a claim against an estate?
- Timing of distribution
- Manner of distribution and tax provision
- Notes to the beneficiaries of an estate
- Role of the lawyer for the estate and fees
- Helpful information for your lawyer
- Client identification obligations